Usually, at this time of year, DC Comics is reserving its exclusive ads and trailers for the audience of the San Diego Comic-Con. But, due to the COVID-19 situation, the #1 pop culture event will not be able to be held as planned and will instead propose an online edition. An alternative that has been proposed by many organizers over the last few weeks (more than 400 virtual events are listed on Roster Con) and that DC Comics has also chosen to propose for its own virtual event. The DC FanDome will thus take place on August 22nd at 7pm local time in France on the DCFanDome.com website.
Over the course of 24 hours, DC Comics will feature exclusive ads, interviews and trailers about its films, comics, series and video games. Several celebrities from the DCEU and other DC series will also be participating. The press release mentions for instance some of the actors and/or creators of Aquaman, The Batman, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash. TV Line says that Black Lightning, Watchmen, Titans, Harley Quinn, Lucifer, Pennyworth, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, DC Super Hero Girls, Teen Titans GO! and Young Justice: Outsiders will also be featured during this year’s DC FanDome.
Multiple universes to suit all tastes
During the DC FanDome, the Hall of Heroes will allow you to discover the special programming planned by DC Comics and will give you access to a variety of universes so that you can enjoy a comic-con-like experience.
- DC Watchverse: a wide selection of video content (panels, unreleased scenes, etc.) featuring the actors, creators and teams from DC’s films, series and video games will be available across this universe.
- DC YouVerse: cosplays, fan art and other creations by DC Comics fans will be featured in this space.
- DC KidsVerse: this universe can be accessed directly via http://www.dckidsfandome.com/ and will offer a wide range of activities for the youngest.
- DC InsiderVerse: Take a behind-the-scenes look at DC’s creations with Jim Lee for the comics, Greg Berlanti for the series and Walter Hamada for the films.
- DC FunVerse: merchandising, including limited edition exclusives, DIY kits, digital comic book e-readers and much more to discover in this area.
While waiting for the official launch of the DC FanDome, you can share your fan art and best DC Comics cosplays via create.DCFanDome.com. On the day of the event, the finalist artists and cosplayers (27 in each category) will be selected by the online community and a jury and will be eligible to win the prizes awarded by DC Comics ($2,000 for each of the 5 selected artists and $1,400 for the 7 selected cosplayers).